Example of Chris’ Letter

BrittFundraising Tips

 November 2023

 Greetings from Team Left Hand! 

Our 2023 season officially came to a close last month as we finished up all 8 rides. We are so thankful for your sponsorship this past year, and what a year it was! Thanks to you, we have raised $867,776 across all 8 teams to date and still have a few weeks left to raise that number even higher. It’s our 2nd best year ever, and it takes our grand total since 2008 to just under $7.5 MILLION!

I’ve said for years that if you take care of your team, they’ll take care of the rest. And that’s where you came in – you helped us take care of the team with a cash donation. 100% of those funds go directly to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, which we split up amongst our riders – it boosts their individual fundraising (which encourages them to raise even more) while showing that we are a team – all pulling in the same direction – to help others that struggle with MS daily.

A quick refresher on Multiple Sclerosis. It’s an unpredictable and potentially disabling disease of the central nervous system with symptoms that vary drastically from person to person. It interrupts the flow of information between the brain and the body and stops people from moving. Over a million people in the US have it. And no two people have exactly the same symptoms, and each person’s symptoms can change or fluctuate over time. 

Our goal of helping people that live with Multiple Sclerosis lead better lives is a constant work in progress. YOUR SUPPORT IS MAKING A REAL IMPACT in doing just that. The National MS Society is making great strides in understanding the mystery surrounding MS.  When we started Team Left Hand back in 2008, there were only three disease modifying therapies available, whereas today there are TWENTY-SIX medications (9 injectable, 11 oral, and 6 infused). That is absolute PROGRESS, and while we’re making serious strides, we still have a lot of work to do.

We are the largest fundraising team for Bike MS, which is the largest organized cycling series in the country! We are laser focused on the mission – creating awareness and raising funds. And in terms of how the National MS Society uses the money: 83% of the funds raised go to research, programs, and education, while the remaining 17% go for administration and fundraising support.

All riders proudly wore the jersey (with your logo) on the ride weekend – being one of the largest teams on the rides really makes us stand out. And they continue to ride with them well after the weekend as well – for most, it’s a symbol of pride and community. And your company is proudly featured on there, as well as our website (www.teamlefthand.com). 

There are many wonderful, very important and deserving causes out there that need and deserve your support so a simple thank you somehow just doesn’t seem enough. But I hope you know how truly thankful and grateful everyone on Team Left Hand is and how thankful the people who live every single day with MS are — that you’ve chosen to support us and them.

On behalf of Team Left Hand, and the 126 friends I personally ride for, THANK YOU!

Chris Lennert  |  National Team Captain  |  chris@lefthandbrewing.com