The ride is here – we made it! Now it’s time to make sure you’re ready…
Here’s the important info you need in order to have a great weekend:
TEAM FUNDRAISING UPDATE:
- We’ve raised $293,976 and are currently the number 1 fundraising team! Great work, let’s keep it up!!
- FAQ: What if I don’t meet the $400 minimum before the ride?
- If you have not turned in the minimum donation by the start of the event, the National MS Society will discuss payment options with you, including charging the balance on a credit card. No need to stop there, though – you have until August 6, 2016 to be eligible for prizes, and until mid September to turn in donations.
- Annual Fundraiser:
- We raised $13,053! HUGE thanks to all who came out to support the event!
- The money has already been submitted as a Team Gift and will be split evenly after the ride amongst those who raised the $400 fundraising minimum before May 14th.
JERSEY & BIB PICK-UPS:
- Friday 6/24 at the Bike MS Expo at FRCC in Westminster from 3pm – 7pm
- Pick up your TLH jersey and your BIBS (if you ordered them)
- Grab goodies from some of our sponsors including Justin’s, Nuun & Allegro
- Pick up your MS packet
- Get a last minute bike tune up
- Enjoy a FREE dinner
- Meet some of your teammates
- Saturday morning at the starting line
- Look for Keri Jacobs & Sara Barfoot near the Left Hand Limo/Allegro Bus starting at 5:15am
WEEKEND WEATHER UPDATES:
- High of 87 with no chance of rain
- SE winds of 8-15mph
- High of 93 with a very small chance of showers
- ENE winds of 5-10mph
WHAT TO BRING:
- Make sure you bring everything you need to have a safe, comfortable ride… don’t forget your:
- Amazing 2016 TLH jersey
- Helmet (you aren’t allowed to ride without one!)
- Water bottles
- ID (for drinking beer at the finish line)
- Spare tires/fix a flat kit
- CASH to TIP our amazing masseuses and to buy your 2016 TLH shirt in our tent.
- Meet at the vintage Allegro coffee bus! Yep, Allegro Coffee has come through again, this year even bigger than before! The Allegro FLXBUS, a 1951 vintage bus turned mobile coffee bar, will be parked on site with Stephen & Susann serving up fancy coffee drinks for our team starting at 5:15am on Saturday.
- START LINING UP AT 6:00am! Plan to begin lining up @ 6:00am near the start line. We’ll be the 5th group out and would hate for someone to be in the bathroom and find that we’re already gone!
- Check out the Route options for Day 1 & Day 2 – maps are available on the MS Society website.
SATURDAY TEAM VILLAGE:
- Our amazing volunteers & sponsors have worked hard to make this year’s Team Tent amazing, as always. After you finish riding, plan to hang out in our Team Tent and enjoy…
- BBQ from Georgia Boys (lunch starts around 12:00 because hand pullin’ all that delicious pork takes time)!
- Treats from Boulder Ice Cream, KIND, Skinny Pop & Justin’s PB cups!
- Vegetarian options from Spice of Life Catering
- Private team masseuses!
- COUCHES courtesy of Aaron’s!
- KEG FOOTH BATHS!
- COLD LEFT HAND BEER!
- GOOD TIMES AND LAUGHS WITH OUR TEAM!
- Big thanks to Cathy Balan for once again arranging our private team masseuses!
- If you haven’t signed up yet, DO IT NOW by visiting Cathy’s fundraising page! There are only 20 spots left, and sign up closes at noon on Friday.
- Riders who sign up on Saturday are not guaranteed to get a massage
- Please remember the masseuses are donating their time and thank them with a generous tip!
- Just another perk of being on Team Left Hand… a TEAM ONLY BEER!
- Thanks to those who voted at our annual fundraiser, this year’s beer is Kolsching 4 A Cause – a delicious 5.2% ABV Kolsch only available to Team Left Hand riders & support staff!
TEAM PHOTO AT CSU:
- Our team is huge and awesome and we want to document that. So plan to be at our Team Tent at 3:30PM with your best smile ready!
Sunday Morning –
- Meet at our Team Tent! We’ll have Allegro coffee (sorry, no lattes on Sunday) and a bike mechanic set up at in our Team Tent at 5:30am to help get you geared up for day two on your bike. Meet up with your friends and plan to take off at the same time!
- We’d love to see your photos from the weekend! Make sure to tag Left Hand Brewing and use hashtags #crushMS and #TeamLeftHand.
- And here they are.. keep these 2016 TEAM AWARDS in mind throughout the weekend…
- Best Looking in Spandex
- Foot Bath Hog
- Gut It Out
- Most Inspirational Rider
- Wake Up Dead on Sunday
- **NEW** BEST SELFIE!!
- We’re really excited about this one… use the hashtags #crushMS AND #TeamLeftHand and post your best selfies to social media! We’ll choose the winner at out year end party!
- We simply couldn’t do everything over the weekend and throughout the year without our AMAZING support crew of volunteers! Be sure to THANK THEM PROFUSELY over the entire weekend!!