My name is Sue Palmer and this is my second year on TLH. My sister Judy is my connection to MS. After she was diagnosed in 2004, I formed a Friends and Family team that collectively raised over $400,000 in the 11 years we rode as Team Jude. Job changes and other obligations made captaining Team Jude impossible and so last year, we (the team) decided to blend ourselves into another team. We chose Team Left Hand because of the passion and commitment that TLH displays – to say nothing of the great beer, or the cool team jerseys….
I wanted to let everyone know about some TLH training rides that we are planning for the South Metro Denver area this year in partnership with a new sponsor – Mellow Mushroom. We’ve sketched out 6 rides starting on March 12. The Mellow Mushroom will have room for us after the training ride to relax, have a beer, order a yummy pizza and, best of all – 15% of all receipts will be donated back to the MS Society on Team Ride days.
If you think you are going to join us for one of these rides, PLEASE take a minute and send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to help our friends at Mellow Mushroom with staffing purposes.
Here are a couple of other tidbits:
- Rides are on Sundays, on the off weeks of the Longmont rides – if anyone wants to come down from Longmont, we are not starting at the crack of dawn – this may be subject to change if it’s 100 degrees in May – but for now it seems civilized.
- I will not be the “leader” – I will most likely be the “sweeper” as I ride slow! I will have maps for those that need and anyone who wants to ride faster is welcome to do so! I will also have suggestions for “extra credit” miles 🙂
- Times listed are RIDE READY times – so people should arrive accordingly to allow time to pump tires etc – and be ready to pull out at the time listed. I will have a supply of NUUN and Justin’s.
- The Streets at South Glenn – 2154 East Commons Avenue, Suite #300, Centennial, CO 80122
- There is plenty of surface parking near Sears to the southwest of the restaurant or there is garage parking.
- Lone Tree – 9271 Park Meadows Dr, Lone Tree, CO 80124
- There is a large parking lot in front of the restaurant and for those that want to ride there, it is right off of the Centennial Trail.
- Both locations have a nice patio for enjoying after a long ride.
Ride Dates & Info:
- March 12 – 11 am – Mellow Mushroom @ Streets at Southglenn – Downtown Denver Coffee Ride to INK! approx 35 miles
- DON’T FORGET THE TIME CHANGE!
- March 26 – 10 am – Mellow Mushroom @ Lone Tree – Hess Road Loop Ride approx 50 miles
- April 2 – 1 pm – Mellow Mushroom @ Streets at Southglenn – Chatfield/Deer Creek Canyon (optional Higrade Road) approx 40 miles
- April 23 – 9 am – Mellow Mushroom @ Lone Tree – Denver Triangle Ride approx 60 miles
- May 7 – 9 am – Mellow Mushroom @ Streets at Southglenn – Bear Creek State Park/Morrison Loop approx 50 miles
- May 21 – 9 am Mellow Mushroom @ Lone Tree – Parker/Pinery/Castle Pines approx 50 miles
Thanks and email me with any questions!